“A Mother’s Child Doesn’t Always Come from Her Belly”

I got this beauty as a Mother’s Day present from a boy I couldn’t love more if I had popped him out myself. In fact, I would have probably loved him less if I had birthed him. He was almost 11lbs when he was born. Ouch! Just kidding *grin* not about the 111bs or the ouch; my baby boy was indeed a ginormous. I’m talking about the ‘loving him less’ bit—nothing can keep me from adoring him. He is sweet, well-mannered, goodhearted, hardworking, and full of smiles. He is also my child, for according to him “A mother’s child doesn’t always come from her belly.” 





Share |

19 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Most of the Pagan "Mother" figures I see look either too "erotic" or too "primitive".

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful! And the sweetest sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magaly, very beautiful and very meaningful ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and such touching words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true! And a lovely sculpture!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. its lovely and he truly is precious for saying such beautiful words

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very true! She is amazing!
    Blessed be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I suspect he feels the same about you...

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous!!!!!!
    makes me feel all lovey dovey :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Magaly, how beautiful. I cannot agree more about a "mother" and "children". Richard Bach has a wonderful quote, "The bond that links you to your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that pregnant mama is beautiful. Almost like she is alive.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How sweet! I love that statue, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blogger really did it to me. I replied to your comments and said lots of witty things (I hope), so I'm not writing again (I'm lazy with exams), but I want you to know that I appreciate your words and the feelings they bring to my heart ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. so lovely. what a nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I giggle and get all warm inside every time I see it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so beautiful! And the sweetest sentiment.

    ReplyDelete