The Light from Within

I’ve served men, lands, gods…

I’ve gone to battlegrounds with the Morrigan—circled over flesh that used to hold souls the War Goddess was about to claim. Shani rides on my back. When the intensity of his godhood looks upon the sun, and forces its brightness to hide behind the shadows, I can still see my way in the cosmos.

In this century, a different kind of goddess has called upon me. She doesn’t ask me to circle dead flesh or to carry her. She makes me shine in delicious colors and enjoyable shapes. She paints happiness out of me. She brings out “The Light from Within” the crow. 
Inspired by “The Light from Within” by MagicLoveCrow

15 comments:

  1. Love the painting...perfect!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a incredible weave of words & art, love the results of this dynamic duo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the painting, love the writing. You 2 make a great pair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magaly, thanks so much! I am so honoured! I love what you wrote ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad everybody liked it so much, Magic Love Crow in particular. I had planned to write something totally different, but this bright crow had a different plan ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa Magaly...that was so awesome...I agree with others...great combo of art and words...very cool! I am positive Stacy will love treasure this forever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful. And I love the painting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Magaly, you have filled my heart with witchy pride and adoration! Beautiful combination of prose and art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deborah - I wrote it with lots of love and so much love comes out Stacy's work that it is just bursting with goodness. I hope she loves it for a long, long time ;-)

    Sarita - Indeed!

    Mina - How is it that you always manage to make me all warm inside?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Magaly, you have filled my heart with witchy pride and adoration! Beautiful combination of prose and art.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful. And I love the painting! :)

    ReplyDelete