I Needed a Little Pick-Me-Up…

Every once in a while I have a bad dream that threatens to ruin my entire day. Last night, my dream world was filled with unwanted people and feelings. I wasn’t nice to them and I didn’t like how things ended. I don’t mind dark things in my dreams, after all, they are a reflection of some part of me—and I embrace everything that makes me who and what I am. But last night’s darkness wasn’t mine. Its gloom wasn’t welcome…

I woke up with a heavy heart. But the Universe is a balanced thing… I opened my eyes and was blessed by the sweet face of my Piano Man—sleeping next to me… his arm around my waist… his loving breath on my skin… I felt safe, wanted and grounded.

I still want a little pick-me-up… something to make me smile for a while. I thought about dancing, but my hip screamed, Are you freaking insane! I’m in pain, Witch! I thought about calling a friend and realized I don’t want to talk. I thought about a movie, but I don’t have enough time for that. I looked at pictures… one put a grin on my face; a wicked sweet daisy-spotted skully grin.

I hadn’t planned to show it until next month… but I want to share the source of my grin right now. I need the good fun energy it is going to bring, for it was created by darling friends with me in mind. Thanks a zillion Shelly and Stacy! Today, I wished for my kind of darkness... a sassy witch... my favorite flowers... a black cat... a green toad... a sweet combination of wicked cool familiar shapes and colors... a bit of love. I got my wish... and then some J  


Share |

17 comments:

  1. Niiiiccce! Looks even better banner sized at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my stars, you new witchiness banner is divine. I love it all the way to fabulous. It is so unique and so you.
    Pick me up too.......thanks, smile and enjoy what really is happening in your blessed life....let the the dream police handle the bad ones.
    hugs and smooches, Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really cute, I understand why it made you grin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Magaly, what brilliant talent these ladies have. It is so you! I absolutely love it.

    I'm sorry about your dream. How wonderful you woke to love and know how to care for yourself when in need of light. I too, sometimes wonder what the Nightly Riddle Mother has in mind with these dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magaly, the banner looks wonderful!! Shelle did a great job ;o) It makes me smile to look at it and I am so happy it brings a smile to your face too!
    I am so sorry about your dream! I am happy you have the love of your life beside you and know that you are loved out in blog world too ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crystal5/28/2011

    aww,it is darling..love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo!!! Love the border, so happy to see it up so soon & that it made you smile :) Maybe the hip pain crept into the dream? Next time if there's darkness that's not yours in your dreamworld hit it with sunlight, open a window & let it go ;) You keep dancing babe (maybe take a painkiller first) hope you are feeling happier, (if not take another look at that man of yours, go on, any bit will do) LOL! OK, I sure am smiling after seeing this... Hey Stacy, Magaly was correct, our work looks so cool together :) love those bright & funky flowers, no wonder the trio are smiling surrounded by those beauties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Magaly! I found you through Stacy!!! Your banner is beautiful!!!! Yep, those dreams can be a downer but your "waking up" was absolutely heavenly ( brought a tear to my eyes appreciating my own Jeff!) So I had to check out your "Piano Man" page, oh my gosh you two were destined for each other! I love how you left the frame blank untill he showed up too, wonderful sharing, you have a real talent for writing!!!!! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wizardess - And just wait until you see the rest of it. It's beyond lovely!

    Linda - Yay! So glad it't not wonderful visual medicine for me alone.

    Diandra - Dark, colorful and cute!

    Mina - He makes the ugly go away. I am lucky!

    MagicLoveCrow - Dear Stacy you pulled those daisies out of my head. I can't wait to show the rest of the goodness and share a bit of a surprise with you.

    Crystal - Indeed!

    Shelle - I'm all about visualization, so if you see my smiling face in your dreams, don't run for dear life, I'm just invoking your words ;-)

    Geckostone - He is my prize. That great thing in my life I never thought would touch me, or dream would be able to call mine.

    Kallan - Yes it is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Youre hips hurt hmmm?
    LOL
    You are blessed for how you woke up.
    I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cogent - Ha! Maybe I need to stop stretching them in weird ways... this yoga will be the end of me. Wait a minute, I don't take yoga!

    I do feel blessed, luv. I'm sending you all kinds of bright light and goodness, so you can find that guy who'll bring music, laughs, and unbelievable sex to your life ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a pretty sweet new header! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Janicu! Yep, Shelle and Stacy did an amazing job--I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Janicu! Yep, Shelle and Stacy did an amazing job--I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Magaly! I found you through Stacy!!! Your banner is beautiful!!!! Yep, those dreams can be a downer but your "waking up" was absolutely heavenly ( brought a tear to my eyes appreciating my own Jeff!) So I had to check out your "Piano Man" page, oh my gosh you two were destined for each other! I love how you left the frame blank untill he showed up too, wonderful sharing, you have a real talent for writing!!!!! Deb

    ReplyDelete