Witch's Ladder: World Peace from Wee Witches


From the witchy sponsor: “Witch’s Ladders have been around for a very long time. The first recorded Witch’s Ladder was found in a house in Wellington, Somerset, UK in 1887. This tool was used for ritual or craft work, as evidenced from the contents of the house it was found in. Witch’s Garlands have been used in Italy for centuries as well. It is believed that in ancient tradition these items were used to curse others. Found mostly with cock or hen feathers, the braid or rope would have strands of hair from the intended victim attached. The ladder was sometimes hidden in the intended victim’s home. The only way to break the “curse” was for the intended (only) to find the cord and untie each knot themselves!

As the years have passed, Ladders are now used as a meditation tool, in spell work and chanting. They are mostly found with stones, gems and other materials for sanitary reasons instead of fresh hen or cock feathers! While there are many versions, Wee Witches has chosen a standard 9 bead or knot pattern. As our Ladders are completed and the final knot on each is made, all the energy and love of the creative effort is focused into that last knot, and stored there for protection – this ensures that our Witch’s Ladders can only be used for positive energies!

Our Witch’s Ladders are handmade with reverence to tradition. The count of 9 allows for a 3 times 3 series of repetition. The 3 times 3 pattern is helpful to work involving feminine studies of Maiden, Mother and Crone. We also find them useful for keeping count of chants sung during drumming circles!

All of our Witch’s Ladders are full moon cleansed and ready for your own intent charging! We use a variety of materials such as wooden and glass beads, semi-precious stones and polished shells.

Materials for the Witch’s Ladder-World Peace: yellow, brown and white main beads, red wood and white glass spacers, peace symbol charm and earth charm”.

This is all you need to do to enter this giveaway:
- Visit Wee Witches and tell me about your favorite item and why you like it

For extra entries (worth 1 entry each):
- Blog about this post (leave me a link)
- Tweet about this post (leave me a link)
- Like Wee Witches on Facebook
- Tweet the Witch’s Ladder link (button next to the listing)
- Have a Witches in Fiction party button
- Be a Wicked Darling (follow Pagan Culture)
- Tell me which of the Wee Wooden Witches you think is my favorite, and why
*Please leave separate comments

This giveaway ends May 1st. The winner will be chosen May 3rd. 


Share |

15 comments:

  1. You know, I had never heard of ladder beads, love learning something new, fascinating history, and really like the 3x3x3 after all one of my daughter's is named Trinity ;) OK I just popped over & had a browse through the total treasure trove in the shop, fav thing, all the teas looks wonderful but the Pagan Prayer Beads - Earth is a stunning wood & stone combination, how could it not be a fav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a wicked darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually use a witch's ladder that I made myself but I love this World Peace Ladder and it is my favorite thing in their shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another shop I could get totally lost in - the Water pagan prayer beads are just stunning.
    lfeb@ma.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Wee Witches on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a Wicked Darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm guessing you like the Fire Witch, because she's spicy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a Witches in Fiction party button on my blog: http://auldgreymare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the fairy tamer fire and garden.

    Lmbrunken {AT} gmail {DOT} com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wicked darling

    Lmbrunken {AT} gmail {DOT} com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah, I'm a wicked darling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a Witches in Fiction party button on my blog: http://auldgreymare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wicked darling

    Lmbrunken {AT} gmail {DOT} com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the fairy tamer fire and garden.

    Lmbrunken {AT} gmail {DOT} com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know, I had never heard of ladder beads, love learning something new, fascinating history, and really like the 3x3x3 after all one of my daughter's is named Trinity ;) OK I just popped over & had a browse through the total treasure trove in the shop, fav thing, all the teas looks wonderful but the Pagan Prayer Beads - Earth is a stunning wood & stone combination, how could it not be a fav!

    ReplyDelete