Once upon a Witchy Time… Fear

Alzheimer’s… forgetting… dementia… memory loss… emptiness… My biggest fear is to forget my reality, for with that terrible loss would also perish any hope to continue creating witchy fiction. My stories are not about me—not always—but a bit of me lives in each of them. If I couldn’t write... if I forgot how to, I would be eyeless, noseless, mouthless, senseless… I doubt I could survive something like that. Would there be any me left? No; not without my stories.
 Week 10 – Fear

The Winner of Witch Hunt by Devin O’Branagan
Please send me your mailing info, via my contact form.
eBook or signed ARC? Let me know, and I’ll inform the author.
The title of the giveaway should be your subject line.
Congrats, my Wicked Darling!

8th Wicked Darling Guests’ Digest
  • My Journey in Bits and Pieces – Stop by and congratulate Stacy from Magic Love Crow, the winner of “Fayth” 
  • A College Girl’s Days – Visit Sarita’s cyber home and meet a couple of witches who can charm their way through life with some wonderful “Thread Magic”.
  • Magic Love Crow“What to Wear”, the second part of “Blind Date” is up! Starla is having and blast, go check her out. The winners of the first sets of baby crows have been announced, and there is another giveaway. I’m totally in love with the witchy crow riding a broom and wearing a nice black and pink pointed hat.
  • Note: I’ve got a few emails asking why certain “witchy” posts have not been added to the digest. The answer is that your blog doesn’t have a party button and the post in question is not linking to my blog or Witches in Fiction, so didn’t know they were meant for the party. If you are a wicked darling guest, make sure your party contributions are linked to my blog, and your blog is displaying a party button. Gracias!  
Today’s Giveaway (April 22nd)
Will you win the tale of this spunky witch?

Share |

13 comments:

  1. I share the same fear and some times i also fear people that it could happen to people i care about and care about me. I have seen what that does to people . It would be a horrific loss. But i trust that this is not my path! It is hard somtimes to have faith.
    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get that fear. My fear of death stems from the fear of what if it's just nothing...what if you are just snuffed out and no longer exist? Getting the shivers now...

    Bummer I didn't win, now I'll have to buy it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandfather has dementia. Every time I go to NY to visit my family, and I see how far gone he is, it hurts to the core, because I remember the brilliant man he used to be, and now all I am seeing is a shell that barely has bits and pieces of the memories that made him who he was. I am extremely afraid of going that route.I don't want to forget who I am or who my family is. I want to be lucid and remember everyone, even up to the very last moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GreekWitch - I think that is a fear many share. I'm not afraid of death, for I believe that energy is forever. I have not sure where my essence is going to go, but it will go somewhere. I'm hoping for a pretty daisy that brings brightness into the lives of those who see it ;-)

    Lilac Wolf - The would be quite scary indeed. And yes, you want to buy this one; it's definitely a must read.

    Aine - I want to remember too. My memories and ideas are my most precious possession.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great journey entries....
    same thoughts here....TOB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Magaly, I understand totally what you are saying and it is one of my fears too. When I was very ill, I had to go to a special part of the hospital, where they stuck long needles in my stomac. The room was very close to the alzheimer's ward. I would hear screaming and then an alarm would go off. I was explained to, that that's the way they know, if the patients are trying to get out, to alert the nurses. So sad!! So very sad!!! Let's have happy thoughts;o) Happy Earth Day My Friend ;o) Big Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy thoughts right back at you! And Green Lovely Hogs to you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. heh just posted mine for this but I thoroughly agree with your fears here as well...If I couldn't write or draw...I think I'd be completely without myself.
    Happy Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never thought of Alzheimer's when people ask what I fear. I think, for me, since Zen is dependent, my fear is not being well enough to care for him. My greatest fear is what will happen to him if I can't do it.

    But, now that I think of it, memory loss is horrifying, too.

    <3 Mags I'm going to start an art journal thing as soon as life calms down over here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Magaly, the Universe would never allow such a thing to happen to you. Your pages are deeply powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lilac Silverfox - I saw your entry and getting lost is terrifying. The only things worse than not knowing why you should should a particular path is not knowing where to go at all.

    LJ - That is terrifying indeed, for you have no control over it. I pray Nature gives you a lot of time to care for your babe and yourself.

    Mina - I pray the Universe hear your beautiful voice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GreekWitch - I think that is a fear many share. I'm not afraid of death, for I believe that energy is forever. I have not sure where my essence is going to go, but it will go somewhere. I'm hoping for a pretty daisy that brings brightness into the lives of those who see it ;-)

    Lilac Wolf - The would be quite scary indeed. And yes, you want to buy this one; it's definitely a must read.

    Aine - I want to remember too. My memories and ideas are my most precious possession.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I get that fear. My fear of death stems from the fear of what if it's just nothing...what if you are just snuffed out and no longer exist? Getting the shivers now...

    Bummer I didn't win, now I'll have to buy it. ;)

    ReplyDelete