Once upon a Witchy time… Earth

The first thing that came to mind when Aradia came up with the Earth prompt, was a person with her feet rooted in the grown, and growing into something beautiful. I can’t draw people…

I searched around for inspiration, especially with Earth Day approaching and all, and ran into Dana Gray’s website. I loved the colorful earth and the plant growing on it, and toward a heart. I borrowed the foundations of Dana’s idea, added the things that make my world balanced, and this is what I came up with.

What? You’ve never seen the gigantic pink island in the Caribbean Sea? It’s there. Trust me; I was born on its, um… pink land. Fine, so the Dominican Republic might be a tiny bit smaller when compared to the rest of the world, but it is quite ginormous in my witchy heart. And pink…
Week 9 – Earth

Share |

12 comments:

  1. I love this pagan journeling idea you have. :) I'm still working on writing the letter to myself lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your drawing! So fresh and vibrant!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. best page yet Magaly. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I agree this is your best page yet. You're doing much better than I could (I'd have trouble just drawing a circular shape that wasn't lopsided, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing, Magaly! Your art is better all the time and this concept is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why are you saying you can't draw? That's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magaly beautiful! I love your drawing! So much meaning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys just made me all giggly. I think the "better" is coming from the encouragement. When I started drawing, I was just getting frustrated; not enjoying at all. But things are changing... I don't mind when things are a bit crooked now, or when the colors are not "perfect" in my head. I enjoy the results, and tell myself, the next will be better if I practice. I can't wait to try the last two prompts (fear and books) these two concepts are so close to my heart that I'm trembling just thinking about what might come out. The shakes are from excitement, and yes, a bit of anxiety too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And you claim that you can't draw anything but stick figures... ha! This is a gorgeous page and really shows how you feel about and relate to Earth. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. And you claim that you can't draw anything but stick figures... ha! This is a gorgeous page and really shows how you feel about and relate to Earth. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing, Magaly! Your art is better all the time and this concept is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete