Penelope Saxon is a beautiful 900-year-old witch who believes and practices white magic. With her perfect features and raven hair, she meets and attracts an architect, but warns him not to fall in love with her. When he falls in love, she disappears, and he begins his hunt for her. He runs afoul of a centuries-old sorcerer, black witches and their covens, fighting them all with his puny mortal abilities. When he finds her, they unite to defend against the evil forces wanting Penelope’s powers. The ongoing battle ranges from Seattle, WA, to Suffolk County, Britain.
I haven’t read this book (yet), but martial arts and magic always excites me. The male hero, in this tale, seems to possess only Karate skills; I guess his magical heroine completes the story. The winner of this giveaway will get a copy of Witch Hunter by David R. Addleman, and the chance to meet Penelope and her Gardner.
Answer this question to enter the giveaway:
- Are you into hand-to-hand combat, martial arts, or any other butt-kicking technique that uses the body as a lethal weapon? In Witch Hunter (from the blurb) how do you think the hero’s fighting skills and discipline will help defeat the evil he’ll have to face?
For extra entries (worth 1 entry each):
- Blog about this post (leave a link)
- Tweet about this post (leave a link)
- Visit David R. Addleman and tell me which of his books you like best
- My favorite martial arts fighter and magic user is Scáthach, who is yours?
- Be a Wicked Darling (follow Pagan Culture)
- Have a Witches in Fiction party button
* Please leave separate comments
This giveaway ends April 28th. The winner will be chosen April 29th.
Blurb: An architect’s love for the missing white witch, Penelope, forces Al Gardner to undertake a dangerous hunt that ranges from Seattle, Washington, to Suffolk County, England. He pits his mortal karate skills against a powerful coven, possessed assassins, warlocks, and an ancient evil threatening all of mankind. Gardner, the architect, with his black belt in karate, is no match for the dark forces that lie between him and his lovely white witch, but by all the powers of light and goodness, he is going to try. He is beaten, ensorcelled, framed for murder, given amnesia, and compelled to kill the woman he loves. As he struggles against unknown forces, his quest evolves from rescue to revenge against the ancient warlock, Leandreth.