Myka is an unwanted granddaughter. How sad! You are probably exclaiming, but replay sorrow with danger because she is the unwanted grandchild of a not very tolerant Zeus. Mika lived as a mortal for many years, but all hell—or should that be earth?—breaks loose when she turns 18.
The winner of this giveaway will receive an electronic copy of Myka the Goddess Witch: Zeus Secret by Vianka Van Bokkem.
Answer these questions to enter the giveaway:
- This novel couples Apollo and Athena. This is the first time I’ve read of such union, which made wonder: what other pair would make an interesting godly couple? What kind of child would they “bless” their world with?
For extra entries (worth 1 entry each):
- Blog about this post (leave a link)
- Tweet about this post (leave a link)
- Visit Vianka Van Bokkem’s website and tell which of her books you like best
- Follow Vianka Van Bokkem on Twitter
- Be a Wicked Darling (follow Pagan Culture)
- Have a Witches in Fiction party button
* Please leave separate comments
This giveaway ends May 1st. The winner will be chosen May 3rd.
Blurb: When the father of all gods Zeus discovered his beloved daughter Athena was pregnant with Apollo’s baby, he ordered all gods and goddesses to keep it a secret because he wanted all mortals to believe Athena was an eternal virgin.
The moment I was born Zeus gave me away to a loyal mortal “witch” named Maia which means “nursing mother”. My father Apollo had to have a special magic spell done by Maia because he was the god of truth who can’t speak a lie. Zeus also asked Maia to cast a spell on my mother so she would not fight him when he gave me away.
Maia lived in Mykonos, Greece and decided to name me Myka. She was careful to cast the biggest magic spell on me. I was going to be a mortal girl until the day of my 18th birthday.