Granny Smith is the perfect grandmother. She hugs and kisses her grandkids at the slightest excuse. She’s happiest when in the kitchen, baking fresh bread in her big old range. And she’s also the strongest personality in an ancient coven of witches in Castleconnell, a sleepy village in the Irish countryside. She has never lost her connection with nature, puts family first and sees the magic in everything.
The winner of this giveaway will get a print copy of Witch Grannies: The Case of the Evil Schoolmaster by Gary J. Byrnes. This story tells the tale of a couple of sweet
naughty kids and their extra witchy grannies.
Answer this question to enter the giveaway:
- Did your grandmother ever get you out of trouble? Did she do something witchy to get you out the bind?
For extra entries (worth 1 entry each):
- Blog about this post (leave a link)
- Tweet about this post (leave a link)
- Read Witch Grannies, book 1 excerpt and tell me what you think
- Read Witch Grannies, book 2 excerpt and tell me what you think
- What is your favorite witchy tale for children?
- Be a Wicked Darling (follow Pagan Culture)
- Have a Witches in Fiction party button
* Please leave separate comments
This giveaway ends April 27th. The winner will be chosen April 28th.
Blurb: A thrilling children’s novel, which is set in Ireland and perfect for anyone aged 8 to 12 who’s just discovered the joy of reading exciting fiction, but appeals to all ages. Meet Emily and Malcolm who’ve been sent to stay with their Grannies. Bo-ring! But their rickety train journey to sleepy Castleconnell in Ireland takes a decidedly nasty turn and they find themselves up to their necks in trouble.
See, there’s an evil presence on the train, an evil presence that’s been making trouble for the local youngsters. And now he needs another kid for his schemes. Emily and Malcolm are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Thankfully, their grannies are on hand to sort things out. Oh, and their grannies are witches...