Terry Pratchett Thursday (on Friday)… Gods

“It would be a pretty good bet that the gods of a world like this [Discworld] probably do not play chess and indeed this is the case. In fact no gods anywhere play chess. They haven’t got the imagination. Gods prefer simple, vicious games, where you Do Not Achieve Transcendence but Go Straight To Oblivion; a key to the understanding of all religion is that a god’s idea of amusement is Snakes Latters with greased rungs.” Wyrd Sisters 

This quote made me chuckle for a while... then I stopped and nodded. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love Terry Pratchett's Discworld series! (Who doesn't?)

    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certain disturbed people and a small amount fairies who don't think they were dealt the best hand by Sir Terry AKA The Creator :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an epic geek so I own a book which claims to be the collected wisdom of his entire discworld series. It's just page after page of quotes I've already read in their full context but it was a book. In a book store. In a hardbound cover. On sale. Next to a buy one get one free discworld coffee cup pyramid of which I purchased four identical mugs. And they say the economy is struggling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am an epic geek so I own a book which claims to be the collected wisdom of his entire discworld series. It's just page after page of quotes I've already read in their full context but it was a book. In a book store. In a hardbound cover. On sale. Next to a buy one get one free discworld coffee cup pyramid of which I purchased four identical mugs. And they say the economy is struggling.

    ReplyDelete