Once upon a Witchy time… Relatively Balanced Witchy Goddess

When I started drawing this, I had decided it would be a witchy silhouette framed by a blue, which would signify a witchy water goddess. I almost finished my initial idea, but my witchy goddess looked… I don’t know; she just didn’t look right. Then I saw it: a goddess, especially a witchy one, must be balanced.

I had already painted half the page blue, and thought I would have to start over. But I asked myself, do I really feel the same way about everything in the world? “No,” I answered myself aloud. Some things in Nature attract me more than others. I’ve always felt the call of fire, but my witchy self was born in the middle of a hurricane. I guess The Old Ones knew I had to have a lot of water in my life, in order to keep my witchy fire relatively balanced.
 And no, my Wicked Darlings, those are not tentacles 
sticking out of the witchy goddess’s sleeves; 
I can’t draw hands ;-(

Week 6 – Goddess
Week 7 – Water

16 comments:

  1. nice! I actually didn't think the hands were tentacles, just part of her robe.

    I'm so happy you're sharing your creations. They're fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely thought those were just her sleeves of her robes hun. I love it and another wonderful combination piece!! Loving these from you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it very much!

    Amazed by your talent with every post.

    I can draw stick figures; that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it Magaly. Besides, it obviously speak to you and that's what's important! Don't feel bad, I can't draw at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoooHooo! Glad they didn't look like tentacles, although that would make my witchy goddess quite unique lol. Thanks you guys, you make this very enjoyable. I didn't think I was going to have this much fun; it is nice to have been wrong ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Magaly! You are so cute! Tentacles! LOL! She just has long sleeves ;o) Take Care ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also didn't think that those were tentacles.

    I like the picture. :)

    I'm finally starting to read blogs after a week and a half gone...I'll see if I can catch up on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! Balance is good. You rock for doing this journaling challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your goddess and the representation of duality. Her dress is awesome and the sleeves do not look at all like tentacles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarita - Welcome back, hon! So glad you had fun with your friend. Any pics from the trip?

    GlamTania - Gracias!

    Rue - I told myself that I wanted to do something that took me out of comfort zone; this is surely doing that lol

    Mina - I king of like her too. I think she works out, did you see that waist and hips? lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice form that your Witchy Goddess has...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this drawing a lot. I have to say that I feel imbalanced quite a lot of the time. I'm not quite sure what to do about that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think my secret about being balanced is redefining "balance", which might be kind of cheating, but it is how things work for me. In order to feel like myself I need to embrace what makes me me and let the rest be ;-) Maybe you just need to embrace some more LJ

    ReplyDelete