More Zoe Winters, Please!

Two night ago, I devoured Kept, a novella about a werecat that left me wanting more Zoe Winters. This writer of “quirky and sometimes dark paranormal romance” has a contagious style. I love her voice. How can I not enjoy the work of someone who says things like, my “favorite colors are rainbow and clear”?

And after I read about Zoe’s goal as a writer, I was a gonner. Here are the words I sneakily snatched from her website: “I want to write a book that makes you almost pee your pants because you don’t want to put it down long enough to go to the bathroom. I want to write a book that you miss meals for. I want to write a book you miss bathing for. I want to grab hold of you and not let go until the very last page, where you crumble to the floor in a blissful heap, ask for a cigarette, and say: ‘Damn, was it good for you too,’ then tell 300 of your closest friends about it on Twitter.”
Snatch Kept (for free!) from the Weblog of Zoe Winters, and enjoy it! 

12 comments:

  1. Darn! Now I have yet another book I need to read!! Ha! Sounds good!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy her goals as a writer! How inspiring. If you don't have a goal you feel that passionately about then you shouldn't pursue it, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay, so now I just have to go read this, sounds too good! I love her descrip too, especially since I do need to go pee -_- lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. SueAnn - It's really short and it's a great read. Kind of on the hot side ;-)

    Just A Gal - Indeed!

    Lilac - I think you'll like her lots! I sure do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be a creature of the night like this jackal. You only seem to the post late at night or before sunrise!

    I know if I don't see a post of yours by late evening, I probably missed one from the wee morning hours! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a creature of the night indeed. I wake up super early to write and go to sleep late writing--I make up with naps. My muse seems to be just like me; a child who thrives in the darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I have to go buy this book! Sounds amazing!! Thanks Magaly ;o) Have a good one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some pretty awesome and inspirational goals! And I definately want to read a book that does that too me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. don't think I've read any of Zoe Winters...must start...Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magic Love Crow - You can get it free! But I do advise to buy the rest of her goodness ;-)

    Aradia - Me too!

    Judy - I found Zoe via Marcia Colette. I read SAVE MY SOUL and really liked it. I read Kept, and LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a fabulous writing goal. I must go check her out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mina - She makes you want to read her, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete