Elisa is a voodoo priestess. She works with herbs, especially with bittersweet, a tiny leaf that can temporarily control the symptoms of schizophrenia and psychokinesis. It can also hide the traces of illicit drug use. Yes, dear Elisa is kind of darkish around the fingernails.
One of the most interesting things about Elisa, aside from the bittersweet leaf, is her house; “a shack hidden behind years of unkempt jungle she called a front yard.” People would cross the street to avoid her place. “Even a dog refused to walk on her sidewalk.”
Elisa appears, briefly, in Bittersweet by Marcia Colette. Why not get yourself a copy and learn more about this witch? Or you can enter my giveaway, demand luck, and get it for free ;-)
This is all you need to do to enter (The luck demanding bit is on you):
1. You must be a Wicked Darling (Follow Pagan Culture)
2. Read My Creature Factory – Guest Post by Marcia Colette and leave a comment
For extra entries:
1. Blog about this post (2 entries)
2. Follow Marcia’s blog (1 entry)
3. Visit Marcia’s blog and leave a comment on your favorite post (1 entry)
4. Tweet this: @PaganCulture is giving away a copy of BITTERSWEET by Marcia Colette (Leave the link to your tweet with your comment – 1 entry)
*This giveaway ends on March 24th at 11:59pm. Winner will be announced March 26th.
This giveaway is being sponsored by moi. I wanted to show my support to my dear Marcia by being one of the first to purchase Bittersweet, then good fate slapped me in the face and I won a free copy. Well, I’m my own Witch, so I’m buying a copy of Bittersweet for a lucky Wicked Darling. On your face Fate! Um, was that lightning I just heard? And what’s that burning? Oh... um… I meant the ‘on your face’ bit in the nicest of ways, Fate dearest.