I AM the Magaly I Choose to Be!

I wanted to share a post from Bewitching Names; not only because it was extremely cute, but because it gave me a reason to avoid correcting some papers for another 13 minutes or so.

I enjoyed reading what Isadora Vega found out about the name Magaly, especially her conclusion. She said, “What can I tell you, Magaly? Your name’s a shifty one. For everyone else, Magaly is a cool name. Although if you’re naming with intention, be warned that it’s etymology is not so straight forward.”  

To this I must say that I love my name, for “it defines me. I’m my own person. I’m spontaneous [‘shifty and not so straight forward’ in the most marvelous of ways]. And I’m the type of individual who takes what I’m given and find the best way to make it shine.” 

I hope all the Magalys of the world take their names and shape them into something that defines only them. I wish them to be courageous and fun enough to take conventionality, turn it upside down, and then scream at the top of their lungs:
“I AM the Magaly I choose to be!”

13 comments:

  1. And I for one am glad to know and love you my dear sweet Magaly!!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful name and I love that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally perfect!! I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a perfect name for you! I like my name, but when I was younger I was often jealous of those of you with more unique names.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your name ... never knew anyone with that name before ... it's a beautiful name and fits you so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and a good one you are too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gracias ladies!

    Calleen - these things are always relative. I think your name is beautiful and I love how it sounds when I say it. And the fact that it is practically inexistent in my culture makes it very exotic to my ears ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic! I love this post! Everyone should feel this way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your name is magnificent! That picture is too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending you a bunch of kisses, Mina. You are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always look so happy. I try to draw in some of that happy quality when I look at any pics of you. I don't look that happy in pictures. There is always a smidge of insecurity, some paranoia, and also some fakery in pictures of me. I don't think I've ever truly smiled in a picture......and meant it.

    I've always kind of had an aversion to my name, too. Unlike you. I love your name. Perhaps that's why I hide behind LJ on the net. LJ is an alterego, now.

    ReplyDelete