How to Celebrate Witches in Fiction

Update #2

Have you thought about joining Witches in Fiction – Pagan Culture Blogoversary Party, but don’t know what is expected of you as a guest? Well, my Wicked Darlings, you can pretty much do whatever you wish. The only party requirement is to keep your witchy posts within the realms of fiction.

Here are some ideas that might juggle your thinking balls (I know how weird that expression sounds, but I laughed so much after I typed it that I didn’t have the heart to edit it):

1. Write a tribute to your favorite witch in fiction.
2. Send a letter to a fictional witch who disappointed you, astonished you, made your day…
3. If you are a visually artsy one, draw a story.
4. Come up with a list of your favorite witchy movies, books... of all times, and let us know why you love them.
5. What about a post about the evolution of the archetypal fictional witch?
6. Write a book review about a witchy work of fiction, from your very own witchy perspective. My review of White Witch, Black Curse by Kim Harrison shows what I mean.
7. What about a post addressing the witches of Disney?
8. Witchy poetry!

Can you think of any more ideas for the party? If so, leave a comment. I can’t wait to party!

17 comments:

  1. My thinking ball is already doing some witchy spinning lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HHHMMM ... maybe I'll have to come up with another picture...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be FREAKING amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juggling & jiggling my thinking balls... XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a wicked, Wicked Darling ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmmmm *spins ball* Any specific theme attached in any way if we do a drawing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nope, you can do as you please. Like I said, the only requirement is that it is witchy somehow and that it is fiction. Simple mi amiga ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet, makes it a lot easier LOL
    haha You are not alone, I cannot paint either but am very much enjoying it! I love it for a nice care free project since I'm so critical of my own work for writing and drawing, this is such a nice break!
    hehe I found an old phone book for mine hehe Need some more paints though...Hopefully this weekend :D

    haha yesm today was a big productive day for me..and now my back is screaming at me and my nose from the allergies before lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm tired too. I wrote a lot today.

    I think I'll try color pencils. I hope that gives me a bit of control. I'm really excited about it. I already thought of the things I'll make.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol I haven't done any writing for a little while. Taking a break, but really want to get going on this new idea of mine...

    Cool! I love drawing and use to hate painting, so really wanted to give a go with painting after seeing Danni's stuff :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for this Magaly ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nope, you can do as you please. Like I said, the only requirement is that it is witchy somehow and that it is fiction. Simple mi amiga ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol I haven't done any writing for a little while. Taking a break, but really want to get going on this new idea of mine...

    Cool! I love drawing and use to hate painting, so really wanted to give a go with painting after seeing Danni's stuff :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Juggling & jiggling my thinking balls... XD

    ReplyDelete
  15. That would be FREAKING amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HHHMMM ... maybe I'll have to come up with another picture...

    ReplyDelete