Terry Pratchett Thursday…Covens

“The natural size of a coven is one. Witches only get together when they can’t avoid it.” Wyrd Sisters  

Ignorance
“They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.” Esmeralda (Granny) Weatherwax in Equal Rites

These two quotes fit quite nicely after posting A Solitary Practitioner, but Not a Lonely Witch. The second one made me laugh for a while. I imagined Granny's expression as she said those words, and I couldn't keep myself from roaring like a loon. 

9 comments:

  1. Great quotations, both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lolol, now I'm laughing at you roaring like a loon.. PERFECT VISUAL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Debra, indeed.

    @Just A Gal, I'm glad.

    @Kallan, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way Granny thinks. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. (high five)

    Terry Pratchett is one of my all time heroes! I spite of labeling himself an atheist/agnostic, he has a better grasp of sympathetic magic and being "cunningfolk" than plenty of people I know who ID as witches. If you haven't read "Hogfather" and "Small Gods", get hold of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Marcia, only crazy people (and those who don't like the truth thrown at their faces in a very witchy manner) would dislike Granny. You are neither of the tow, so I thought you would.

    @Snoozepossum, I'm currently rereading SMALL GODS and finding awesome things I missed the first time. I love Hogfather too. I shall be rereading it soon. I'm rereading the entire series. Terry Pratchett is indeed extraordinary, and it would be foolish to label him as anything other than that. The man has brains and is not afraid to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I love the first one. Makes me feel better about not finding a coven myself. :) Solitaries unite! ...wait... :P

    ReplyDelete