Pan

His soft skin was pale as driftwood; his hair as unruly as tangle weed. His slender body was featureless as a child’s, his hoofs like those of a goat.

He played a breathy, fey tune on wooden pipes.

Slowly, they approached, like the first hint of an evening star. Coy, delicate and pretty. Winged, tiny and bright.

Fairies.

They danced for him.

And when they tired they snuggled in amongst the curls of his hair and fell asleep. Then, one by one, he popped them into his mouth; crunching their bones carefully, quietly, so as not to awaken the others.

– John Xero - Xeroverse: 101. Visit Missing Pieces too.

15 comments:

  1. Wow, I really liked that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my reaction too. The dark-all-instinct side of a wild god; just wondrous, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Pan, my lovah! I wrote a post about Pan on my blog. He is one sexified beast ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see Pan grinning at you "lovah!" ways. Wait a minute... is that a tiny fairy shoe between teeth? *Spit it out! Bad sexified wild beast! Bad seified wild beast!* But so real... guess it'll be okay ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Poor faries! Deep-Pan snack-food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel you made me roar! "Deep-Pan snack-food"! ROTFL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I was being lulled too! Good thing I'm not a fairy. altho, I've had more than one erotic fantasy concerning Pan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, thanks for the awesome comments. =)
    Thanks again, Magaly. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was our pleasure as you noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear! Poor fairies!!! Put a whole new spin on "chicken nuggets"!! Ha
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is incredible. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is incredible. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I really liked that.

    ReplyDelete