Happy and then Some

I just got back in touch with a friend or brother from another mother who I hadn’t seen or talked to in over 10 years! I'm all giggles. I can't wait to catch up where we left off. I can’t wait to discuss books!

We used to work together, and at the time we were the only nerds at the store; very cool nerds I must say, especially me *Grin*. My dear friend gave me a copy of Maria by Jorge Isaacs Ferrer and one of The Incredible and Sad Tale of Innocent Eréndira and her Heartless Grandmother by Gabriel García Márquez before I shipped out to Marine Corps Boot Camp. (Insert Hoorah! Errrhhhh! Blood and guts! and similar warrior cries here).

I still have the books. You only have to look at them to tell how much I love the tales they tell, and how many times I’ve read them. They are falling apart, and not because I haven’t tried my inexistent book rebinding skills. One of the books is enfolded in plastic wrap. Yep, the stuff you use to keep your sandwiches fresh and winterize your windows when you are mildly broke.

Did I mention that I’m happy? Well, I am static. I can’t wait to introduce my friend to my Piano Man, and maybe do something cool and extremely nerdy together. It is funny, or expected considering how close we were, but time seems to have stood still when it comes to our friendship. 

Imbolc is about new beginnings as well as the rekindling of good old things. 
Happy Imbolc to me!

18 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you're reconnecting with an old friend! :)

    If you want I can give you advice on mending books. Book mending is one of my hobbies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sarita, You know? I don't have any crafty hobbies. I mean, I make candles and incense and things of the sort, but that is not hobby; it's a need. Book mending sounds like something I would love. It will give me excuses to pick up the oldie, but goodies I find at garage sales and secondhand book stores. Go for it my luv! Maybe it would be a good things to post on our old forgotten crafty blog!

    @Anlynne, "amazing" indeed. I still can't believe it, but I'm enjoying it to no end ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like 2011 is going to be a great year for you! I'll glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Debra, Gracias!

    @Diandra, Isn't it? I've been grinning all day.

    @Melissa, So mote it be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it great getting back in touch with an old friend. I did the same last year and we picked up after 16 years as if no time had passed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is wonderful!! Always a special blessing to reconnect with old friends and family!! Enjoy every moment!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. what great news i love when such reunions happen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love it when you're 'static'.. your joy just brightens up the world :)
    I'm so glad you have found your old friend again. Happy Imbolc indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it when someone steps back into my life and finds a cup of tea and a blankie straight from the dryer waiting for them. It sounds like you had a space all warmed up for your friend.

    oh and...... HUZZAH!

    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @SueAnn, I feel blessed indeed.

    @Melissa, Me too!

    @Kallan, you say the sweetest things ;-)

    @Karen, tea, blankie and a book ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1) My Imbolc consisted of one Tweet. Bad Pagan.

    2.) I'm soooo happy for you! Can't wait to read all about your [not] nerdy fun.

    3.) I so need to get book advice from you. I LOVE the Kim Harrison Hollows books, but I think there's only one more left and I'm out. I believe you like these books, too, so I need help on what to read next!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this kind of books and I'm excited about the publication of PALE DEMON too!

    I'm on my way to your blog to make bookish recommendations ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it when someone steps back into my life and finds a cup of tea and a blankie straight from the dryer waiting for them. It sounds like you had a space all warmed up for your friend.

    oh and...... HUZZAH!

    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this kind of books and I'm excited about the publication of PALE DEMON too!

    I'm on my way to your blog to make bookish recommendations ;-)

    ReplyDelete