Bittersweet by Marcia Colette - I've Won a Copy!

I’m excited beyond belief! I’ve been up since zero-dark-thirty, working on a story for school. I don’t know what’s going on, maybe it is the rain or something, but the story reads somewhere between crappy and what-in-the-gods’-names-is-going-on-with-my-writing-today? I’ve been reminding myself that these things happen, I just need to continue getting rid of the garbage until the story I mean to write rises above the crappiness.

I also told myself that I needed a little pick me up. I usually kick the butt of writer’s block through reading or running. I don’t have time to read fun stuff because I have homework, and I can’t run yet—I’m afraid of a relapse after having been sick for two weeks.

So what’s a Witch to do?

Squeal! Yep, squeal and get back to this damn story. And then when I’m done I can reward myself with a chapter or six of Bittersweet by Marcia Colette! I entered Edie Ramer’s Release Party Excerpt & Giveaway and won my very own advance reader’s copy of Bittersweet. Stop by Edie’s blog to read an excerpt of my new goodie. 

I’ve also stolen this temporary cover from Edie’s blog. Can you imagine what the final product will look like? This one looks creepily awesome. I’ll share the permanent cover when I review the novel.

Here is the book’s blurb, stolen from Marcia’s website. I’ve done a lot of stealing today.

Phaedra Thorne’s goals in life are simple. Make it to eighteen so she can legally adopt her sister and hope she ever becomes like her deranged mother who secretly lives in the attic. They’re not the normal hopes and dreams of a kid her age, but then again, Phaedra is anything but typical. Schizophrenia and psychokinesis go hand in hand in her genes. With things always upending or blowing up around her, she’s already halfway there and horrified one of these days she’ll be the next to go insane.

Five years have passed since Phaedra has seen her older, estranged brother. She’s hesitant about his return and even more so when he comes bearing a cure for their mother. However, this so-called antidote, having sex with an incubus, comes with a catch that’s larger than the statutory rape implications. The incubus who’s willing to help the Thornes has unwittingly been followed by beings who call themselves hags. They want to drain the demon dry of his power and don’t care if they threaten Phaedra’s desire to have a normal family. She’ll do whatever it takes to protect her loved ones, even if that means trusting her uncontrollable powers won’t kill everyone in the process…including a Child Welfare official who’ll decide in thirty days if the Thorne household is safe enough to raise children. 

To get your own copy of Bittersweet in a few days. Keep an eye on Marcia’s blog for updates.

8 comments:

  1. Ooooo! Love the sounds of the book. Enjoy!!
    Hope your story starts flowing soon!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing story! Can't wait to buy a copy for myself! Congrats on your win! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished "Sex and the Single Vampire" ... was worth reading...

    ReplyDelete
  5. SueAnn and Penny - Gracias!

    Willow - Just a couple of days!

    Judy - Checked out the review and the cover made me wiggle my eyebrows. It sounds like I might have to give it a try ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just finished "Sex and the Single Vampire" ... was worth reading...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo! Love the sounds of the book. Enjoy!!
    Hope your story starts flowing soon!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an amazing story! Can't wait to buy a copy for myself! Congrats on your win! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete