Simply Stylish Witchy Living

I’ve been moving toward living a simpler life. I rarely drive my car. I recycle. I take shorter showers. I don’t splurge. I’m ridding myself of things I don’t need. Then I tried using an environmentally friendlier shampoo and conditioner, and HUGE MISTAKE! My hair rebelled. Luckily, I still had a bit of my old conditioner to save the day; otherwise I would have had to go to the store with a helmet of wild curls.

I read Lyn’s 7 Reasons Why a Stylish Blogger Award Is a Huge Mistake, and thought that it would have been hilarious to have some pictures of my helmet hair day to share, but I didn't take any. I loved Lyn’s post. Her picture titled “Men in drag look good.  Me, not so much.” made me roar like a loon. Lyn invited everybody to share their stylish or unstylish moments, so I decided to share mine.


I got a second Stylish Blogger Award. This one came from a “twenty-something wife, mother and Eclectic Witch…” who is working toward “becoming self-sufficient.” I haven’t been reading Lost in the Trailer Park for long, but I like Just A Gal’s plan. I have a simple living plan brewing in my mind. I can’t give you all the details yet, but I’ll say that it has to do with simple living in my own witchy style.


Now to the blog award rule breaking:
I. Thank the person(s) who gave it to you. 
II. Say 3 things about your simple sense of style
          1. I do my own hair and nails.
          2. I don’t care for skinny jeans.
          3. I wash my clothes in cold water.      
III. Pass this award to any Wicked Darling who writes a post about their simple living style.   

This is how it works, my luvs:
- Write a post about simple living and/or about your sense of style.
- Comment on this post and leave a link to your simply stylish post.
- I’ll add your post to my Simply Stylish Living list (Under Events Archive).

Feel free to pass this blog awards to whoever you like, reshape the rules any way you choose, follow my rule braking technique, do what Lyn or Just A Gal did… your imagination is the limit, my Wicked Darlings. Have some fun! 

17 comments:

  1. Where's the helmut hair? :-)

    I tried using homemade and natural shampoos for my hair and switched back. I feel for you Magaly ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~that was too funny...thank you for sharing the link above for a bit of good humor this morning...a laugh i did need! much love light and blessings always~

    ReplyDelete
  3. When a perfectly good award goes terribly awry........I'm all for it. Great answers and the metamorphisis of the award is the funniest part. Congrats. The Olde Bagg

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lyn, recording the evidence never crossed my mind ;-)

    @Faerwillow, glad I can make you shine a bit.

    @Linda, storytellers are natural life twisters, didn't you know that? Glad you liked the twist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the culture of my ancestors, the Seannachi (shawn-e-kee, storytellers) were highly revered. In Irish society today they are still subsidized. oh how I wish we valued you all in our society today as much... anyway, I loved this blog. Your Pagan style is always classy and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! Girl, you just made my day! :)!!! I guess I never really thought about the girlie/simple stuff I do. I'll have to post about that. Thanks, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Kallan, I second that wish!

    @Just A Gal, sometimes we are so busy being ourselves (an awesome thing, by the way) that we forget to pay attention to the details, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed that you take shorter showers. Me, I like my showers. They tend to be long(ish). I manage to almost always lose track of time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried doing this "Clean your hair with baking powder" stuff... and my hair fell out. Almost half of it! Don't know why it works for other people, but it was scary. Really, really scary.

    Currently, I am experimenting with homemade hair cures, and some are really nice - but others, like this "treat your hair with onion juice" thing still creep me out. I don't want to smell like a vegetable garden!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Sarita, it takes getting used to, but for someone like me who takes 2-3 showers a day, it is just irresponsible to take long ones.

    @Diandra, oh my! I totally get you; hair is not supposed to smell like seasoning ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will definietly post more about simple living. I'd love to share the post with your readers.

    Here is the link to my most recent post on simple living: http://natural-simplicity.blogspot.com/2011/01/cheap-cheap-homemade-laundry-detergent.html.

    Laundry detergent that is about .03 a load.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diandra -- I also tried the baking powder on my hair, with what I considered disastrous results. Though after reading your comment I don't think my results were so disastrous after all. My hair just turned hideous so that I could barely do anything with it and was almost afraid it would start matting. Some really strong shampoo solved that problem though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are very brave Sarita. Maybe a bit of One Pink Fish's detergent would have helped ;-) I'm actually planning to make some detergent next weekend (fingers crossed!) Not for my hair of course.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will definietly post more about simple living. I'd love to share the post with your readers.

    Here is the link to my most recent post on simple living: http://natural-simplicity.blogspot.com/2011/01/cheap-cheap-homemade-laundry-detergent.html.

    Laundry detergent that is about .03 a load.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Kallan, I second that wish!

    @Just A Gal, sometimes we are so busy being ourselves (an awesome thing, by the way) that we forget to pay attention to the details, don't we?

    ReplyDelete