Pagan Meme

I'm not crazy about this sort of questionnaires, but I laughed so hard when I read Veles's answers that I had to give a go. Enjoy, my Wicked Darlings, and happy Sunday!

B A S I C S

Do you have a magical/Pagan name? No.
What does it mean?  N/A
How did you find Paganism? Through land navigation; I discovered that it was something labeled Paganism through mythological readings, but I was acting very Pagan before that.
How long have you been practicing? Seventeen years.
Solitary or group practitioner?   Solitary, but I like to mingle every once in while.
What is your path?     
I'm an Eclectic Witch; I learn, live and do.
Are you out of the broom closet? Absolutely.

D E I T Y

Who is your patron God? Sin/Nanna and The Green Man.
Who is your patron Goddess? Hekate
What Gods do you worship? I honor many by learning about them. 
Do you fear darkly aspected Gods/Goddess, or rather respect them? No, I find Darkness comforting.   
Do you worship the Christian God? No.
Do you ever worship animals? No.
Or plants? No.

N A T U R E

Do you regularly commune with nature? I breathe oxygen, walk on ground, eat what nature has created… get the point?
Ever walked barefoot in the woods? I grew up in the country.
Taken a camping trip just to talk to nature? And to talk to people too.
Describe the moment you felt closest to Mother Earth? I was run over by a four wheeler once; my face was right in the gravel.You can’t get closer than that.
Do you have a familiar? No.
Have you ever called upon the powers of an animal in ritual? No, but I’ve pictured panthers and gazelles when I’m running a race. I’ve pictured Cheetara too. 
Or a plant? I have a thing for daisies and lavender.
Do you hug trees? Only the very cuddly ones.
Give them gifts?   Water, wine, beer, blood, milk, attention, shiny rocks, glares at people who want to cut them and so on.  
What is your favourite flower to work with? Daisy and lavender.
What is your favourite tree to work with?   Willow

W H E E L . O F . T H E . Y E A R

What is your favourite holiday? All Hallow’s Eve.
What is your least favourite holiday? Thanksgiving, not what it aims to do, but what is hidden behind its history.
Have you ever held a ritual on a holiday? Yes.
Ever taken a day off work to celebrate a Pagan holiday? Yes.
Do you celebrate Yule on the 21 rather than the 25? I celebrate the Winter Solstice on the sun’s time.
Have you ever felt the veil thin? Remember the four wheeler accident I mentioned earlier?
Ever danced the Maypole? Often.
Know what the Maypole symbolizes? "Phallic symbol! Phallic symbol!"
How do you usually celebrate the Pagan holidays? It depends on my mood. 

D I V I N A T I O N

Do you use Tarot?   No.
Do you use runes?   Not for divination.
Do you use a pendulum? No.
Do you use dowsing rods? No.
Do you use astrology? I have.
Any other form of divination? Dreams and research. 

S P E L L S 

What was the first spell you did? I can’t remember.
What was the latest? A healing spell. 
Ever done a love spell? I’ve done rekindling spells with couples.   
A job spell? No
A healing spell? Often.
What was the most powerful spell you’ve ever performed? Don’t know.   
What deities do you usually call on? I rarely call on deities, but I’ve called on Hekate and The Morrigan.

C R Y P T O Z O O L O G Y 

Do you believe in Vampires? I know a lot of bloodsuckers; some dress pretty neat.
Werewolves? No
Shapeshifters? Not biologically
Elves? No
Faeries? “I do believe in faeries! I do! I do!”
Dragons? You should have met my next door neighbor when I lived in the Midwest.
Nymphs? See above.
Sprites? See above, again.
Mermaids? And again!
Satyrs? Oh, her husband…
Ever “seen” any of the above? Every morning while walking my dog.
Ever talked to any of the above? I tried to avoid her, but she wouldn’t have it.
Ever used any of the above in magic?  She was not the magical type.
Do you have one of them as a personal guardian? No, the ghost of my maternal grandmother takes care of all the guarding duties.

R A N D O M

Do you see a rabbit, a man or a woman in the moon? I see craters, you?
Own a cat? No, but I want one and I’ll name him Wicked. He will be black. And my dog will be white. I haven’t chosen a color for my dragon yet.
When you meditate, what does your happy place look like? Sometimes it looks like my studio, other times like my Piano Man’s apartment, and when I’m on the beach there is a lot of sand in it.
Do you work with Chakras?  No, but I want to try it one day.
Do you believe in past lives? I believe in the live I’m living.
If so, describe a few briefly: Pink.
Do you believe in soul mates? “I do, but I don't think there is just one.”
Do you have a spirit guide? No.

Is it always love and light? I hope not! I dullness would kill me!

5 comments:

  1. I thought this was fun so I stoled it =} (yes I made up a word)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read it. I thought it was pretty hilarious, too!
    You know what? I just realized that I stopped following your blog by accident. But I've fixed my mistake ;-)
    Magaly Guerreropagan-culture.blogspot.com“When in Darkness? Light!”

    Subject: [paganculture] Re: http://pagan-culture.blogspot.com/2011/01/pagan-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on it now, but I keep getting distracted by the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life tends to get in the way of, um... life lol

    Magaly Guerrero pagan-culture.blogspot.com “When in Darkness? Light!”


    Subject: [paganculture] Re: http://pagan-culture.blogspot.com/2011/01/pagan-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty much, especially when they wake each other up from naps.

    ReplyDelete