Eulogy for IntenseDebate

I rejoiced the day I found you. It was love at first, um, comment. I typed words and you embraced them, but you didn’t stop there; you also created threads, and that was so good. You made me smile so many times. I might never forget you. No, really, I won’t. I will even keep you around to comment on other blogs that I fortunate enough to get full services from you.

I would love to make you feel better and say that it was me and not you, but it was you. Sorry, you’re dying in Pagan Culture and my Writing Blog, so I should be more sympathetic. I know. I just can’t. I’m tired of losing comments; typing my well thought out replies and then poof!

I probably should keep myself from saying this at your funeral, but I want to keep things honest: I’m going back to Blogger comments. I need a stable, uncomplicated feature in my life. I tried with you, didn’t I? I uninstalled you and reinstalled you several times; as a widget and as a template, but nothing worked. I wanted the IntenseDebate I fell in love with back in 2009, remember? I was so happy with you, but not anymore.

My blogs will miss the practicality of your threads, your notifications, your all-in-one-spot attitude, but they won’t miss your disappearing acts. 

Adios.

17 comments:

  1. Breaking up is hard to do lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! Specially when the old mate takes away all the furniture, or the old comments lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to admit that Blogger is more reliable for some things, isn't it? I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is too, but I know how to admit when I'm wrong. I just really hate freaking doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never used it, but when I comment on someone's blog that has it....I want to pull my hair out of my head...especially after I've written a novella and it loses it.

    Thanks for coming by my blog, I'm so glad you did 'cause now I can stalk you and read your fabulous blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not if I stalk you first ;-)

    It worked for me for about a year and then it lost its mind. It started doing weird things a few weeks ago and then everything went downhill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sacked mine and fed it to the llamas. I was getting complaints that people logged in and then were logged out when they submitted, or that they were being required to register with ID.

    (boot)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the way you write your article is very unique. i like your style ^_^. it really make sense and its not boring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very awesome article you have shared here. I have to confess your incredible effort. Thanks for sharing this captivating article stuff. Very informative and interesting points you mentioned. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear I'm not the only one falling out of love with Intense Debate. They have disappeared on me for the last time! GRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Business Logo Design - Thanks.

    ArtsyNina - I miss the threaded comments, but I kind of enjoy actually getting all my comments ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear I'm not the only one falling out of love with Intense Debate. They have disappeared on me for the last time! GRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sacked mine and fed it to the llamas. I was getting complaints that people logged in and then were logged out when they submitted, or that they were being required to register with ID.

    (boot)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never used it, but when I comment on someone's blog that has it....I want to pull my hair out of my head...especially after I've written a novella and it loses it.

    Thanks for coming by my blog, I'm so glad you did 'cause now I can stalk you and read your fabulous blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15.  I think intense debate is best to participate  and get more comments..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think intense debate help to increase the number of commentators on yuor blog.

    ReplyDelete