Beads

I knocked on the door.
She opened it, skyclad,
wearing only a necklace
with beads and stones
bird figurines
and a goddess pendant
at the bottom.
She smiled
lifted the necklace from around her neck
placed it around mine
"I made it today.
A goddess necklace
for you, my shaman.
So mote it be."
I touched the stones
so lovely
I touched her face
so lovely.
I had no words
only
"So lovely!"
I kissed her then
and held her close.
I haven't stopped.

–William RainCrow Seward - The Song of the RainCrow


6 comments:

  1. I must quote the narrator and say "So lovely!" The idea of so much closeness is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... thank you for sharing this... it was simply... precious.

    ReplyDelete