My Piano Man

Lo prometido es deuda or in English, that which has been promised is owed, so I’m going to tell you a bit about my Piano Man.

We knew we were gripped the moment we embraced and kissed. Our first date started with a ferry ride from South Ferry Station to St. George.

We went for pizza after the ferry ride (I had been craving a slice of ricotta pie for nearly a month!). Then we got ice cream and went to Silver Lake Park for a nice little stroll. We walked for a while, and he made me giggle over and over, every time he said “Wait! Let’s take a kissing break”. We would stop and smooch a bit and then continue walking. We finally sat under an enormous tree.

We played with each other’s hair for a long time. Kissing break! We talked about how lucky we felt. Kissing break! We closed our eyes and inhaled the fresh scent of nearby pine trees. Kissing break! We made sweet noises when we saw people running or walking their dogs…. Long kissing break... “Um, we better stop. I doubt the dogs or their humans would appreciate where this might be going.” 

We left our bench when the sun started to set. We retraced our steps and started planning our next date. I was high on smiles when he stopped me and I was sure I was going to get more smooches, but he said “Look”, instead. I looked. He was pointing at the most beautiful shades of orange and peachy pinks. It was the most romantic sunset. I’m sure I sighed a lot, but I don’t remember.

We ended our date in each other’s arms, smiling like happy lucky fools. 

And guess what? He passed his first Supreme Magaly Knowledge test last week. He was out of town with friends and he sent me pictures throughout the entire trip. We talked all the time and he would describe the smells and shapes of flowers, sunsets, landmarks… He texted me once and told me that he wished he “could bottle up the scent of the pines” for me. You know that made me weak in the knees, right?


This made me melt everywhere else:
He collected a river rock, a piece driftwood, a pinecone, a seashell… and the thing I love the most: a wood sorrel leaf. He said he picked it because it was shaped like hearts. He even sent me a picture “in case it didn’t make it back intact”. The leaf was a bit wrinkled when he brought it to me, so I put it in a book. I pulled it out a bit ago, to take a pic for you guys, and noticed that it were same kind of leaves on the cover of the book.
Coincidence? Of course not, I’m a Witch, I know better. But it freaked me out a bit, in the coolest possible way! I guess I need to add another plant to my garden plans…

I will tell you all about our garden plans soon (we are planting one at my place and one at his!). I’ll also share some pics of my Wild Witch’s Dream Home. I would do it now, but I haven’t finished unpacking or decorating, plus the garden is dark. My altar is already set up of course, so here is a picture of it in all its glory on top of my WORKING fire place!
And because I like to save the best for last, let me open my heart and let you know that my picture frame is no longer empty. I spent years staring at the empty frame, waiting for my mate to come and fill it. I started to believe that it was going to stay empty forever, but the first time I looked into my Piano Man’s burnt honey eyes, I knew; my life and my picture frame could be filled again.

9 comments:

  1. this is absolutely the SWEETEST romantic story I've read. You two sound like you were MADE for each other! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love our story, and he makes it better everyday. Just wait until I post what he gave me for my birthday. My man is perfect! I love him SOOO much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT'S the kind of love everyone longs to find! Bless both of you and may your days turn even brighter as they advance into years of precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to say hello...found you on goodreads and came to your blog. I have to say that the two of you look very happy! So nice to see people happy these days. I'm a sucker for happy endings (in real life, anyways...my books are not always happy endings...I will call them interesting endings LOL... well, that's a different story.)Stay happy! Anyone that makes you that happy...is a definite keeper! Nice to meet you.
    Shawna

    www.shawnarhill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green Witch - Thanks so much! I can't wait to collect a bunch of wonderful memories!

    Shawna - Nice to meet you too. What a beautiful name you have. Hm, happy endings are cute, but when it comes to fiction I enjoy the more realistic "happy for now" endings; until someone comes after us and tries to cut our heads off ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Despite the fact that my husband left me in February (biggest mistake he's ever made and the best thing that's happened to me since the birth of my daughter), you my dear sweet wicked darling, have made me believe in love again.

    I also have an empty picture frame. I was going to put a pic of the ex and I in it...never got around to it. Fate intervened on my behalf :)

    Thank you for giving me hope again.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tea Witch - The idea of helping someone "believe in love again" made my day and my year! What a lovely thought.

    I know how you are feeling right now. I remember the days when I looked at my empty frame and told myself "I'll never find the man I want" And I was right, the man I found I had never even dreamed off; he is amazing!

    I can't wait to see your filled frame!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to say hello...found you on goodreads and came to your blog. I have to say that the two of you look very happy! So nice to see people happy these days. I'm a sucker for happy endings (in real life, anyways...my books are not always happy endings...I will call them interesting endings LOL... well, that's a different story.)Stay happy! Anyone that makes you that happy...is a definite keeper! Nice to meet you.
    Shawna

    www.shawnarhill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love our story, and he makes it better everyday. Just wait until I post what he gave me for my birthday. My man is perfect! I love him SOOO much!

    ReplyDelete