In Love Again

Remember my excitement when I ran into Anthony Stewart's painting? Well, I'm in love again! The new object of my affection is Brown Girl by Archibald Motley.
I was taken by Stewart's piece because his laughing girl just looks so happy. Yes, bliss gets this Eclectic Witch every time. I'm in love with Archibald's Brown Girl because this lady transmits a sense of inner comfort that it is so hard to find. Her beauty feels like naturalness with a personal touch, don't you think? I just admire the way she is just sitting there, skyclad, looking at herself in the mirror without sucking in her belly. She looks COMFORTABLE in her own skin. I think we need more of that self-image comfort in the world...

Oh, and I LOVE her dancing shoes! 

Read you around my Wicked Darlings ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment