Gay Colombian Poet

A while back I started a blog just for my fiction writing. Mostly because I wanted to keep my personal bitching, moaning and complaining, separate from my bitching, moaning and complaining about fiction writing. Then I realized that all my bitching, moaning and complaining was rather personal, even the bits about fiction writing, so I decided to stop posting on my fiction writing blog and bring all the bitching, moaning and complaining back to a central location: Pagan Culture.

I need to confess that there was another reason why the fiction writing blog came to life. I had a moment of total insanity when I asked myself, "Do I really want to be known as The Dominican Witch Writer when I become a published author?" (And I will get published damn it! And soon, double damn it!!) "Or do I want to be just an author?" Insane me decided that I wanted to be just an author; plain and simple. Then Rational Magaly screamed at the top of her mystical lungs (You think this is confusing, try living with all these voices in your head and then complain!) Anyway, rationality kicked in and told me Stop being an idiot! You can have 1013 blogs my dear Witch, but at the end of the day you will still be a Dominican Witch Writer when you get published!

I ignored rationality for a while and continued posting my very few fiction writing updates away from Pagan Culture. Then one day I was sitting in a writing workshop, and the instructor told a story about one of his former instructors. He said that the Colombian author had kept his sexual orientation a secret because he wrote poetry "and who the hell would want to read anything by a gay Columbian poet?"

I can't even begin to tell you how much that comment shamed me (hm, guess I just did). I got mad at myself and spent the rest of the day wondering if I had started a writing blog because, really deep inside, I was afraid that my beliefs would hold me back. I stood in front of the mirror and asked myself aloud "Am I secretly ashamed of being a Witch?" I answered myself too "That's about the dumbest thing I've ever said. I tell everybody I'm a Witch. I'm so proud of my witchy self that everybody can read it on my forehead!" And online, you insane Witch, said my rational and mildly annoying inner voice.

I hadn't thought about that colorful spiritual/fiction writing crisis for a while. But last night, I was reading blogs (Yep, I'm trying to catch up, my luvs!) and found out that Debra, the wicked author of She Who Seeks, had nominated me for the  Life Is Good Award.


This award is cool beyond belief because I get to ask my selected nominees ten questions! Isn't that fabulous? In a wicked dangerous sort of way *wink, wink*. And that is how I ended up thinking about the reason why I started and stopped my fiction writing blog. Debra's first question motivated this post. Thanks my Wicked Seeking Darling! 

Now to answer her questions:
1. What's the best decision you ever made in your life?
Read above. 

2. What's the worst decision you ever made in your life?
I don't know yet. I'm leaving my options opened ;-)

3. What's your favourite body part?
Boobies! You mean on my own body, right? Because I'm not really into guys with boobies. 

4. Whose ass would you most like to kick?
Oh wow, I must be in a very good mood. I can't think of anyone I would like to dismember. I mean, "whose ass I would most like to kick".

5. What's the first thing you would buy with a million bucks?
I would get my dad a small ranch, a few horses and a red convertible.

6. Star Wars or Star Trek?
Star Trek of course. I think Captain Jean Luc Picard was my first crush!

7. If you could BE a movie star, who would you want to be?
I don't want to be anyone else, I can create enough drama all by myself.

8. If you could DO a movie star, who would you want to do?
I'm not into doing actors. Have you seen how many people they kiss in a lifetime? Can you say mono! 

9. If you were about to be executed, what would you want for your last meal?
The heart of the asshole who wants me dead. Well done and cut in tiny pieces. 

10. Who's your favourite superhero?
My dad (hold the tights, PLEASE!).

And my six nominees are: 
1. Mireyah Wolfe's: Where Plot Bunnies Roam
2. Bella Foxglove at Memoir of a Crazy Witch
3. Marcia Colette
4. Leathra at Confessions of a Crafty Witch
5. Groggy Froggy Lisa
6. Snoozepossum at Hedgehogs Stole My Beer!

1. How old were you when you first showed interest in the written word?
2. What is your favorite old time book and why?
3. Superstitious?
4. Are you afraid of the dark or do you chase the things that go bump when the lights are out?
5. Done any skinny dipping lately? Ever? 
6.  What makes you go "DAMN!" when you look at an attractive person?
7. What do you know about Witches?
8. Environmentally friendly or environmentally terrorist? The last kind would get really pissed if others don't conserve water. Ask Diandra's boyfriend, he knows all about it.
9. Have you been in a strip club (Mireyah, if your answer is yes, I'll teleport to wherever you are and beat you senseless! If teleporting doesn't work, I'll ride my broom there, but there will be punishment!)
10. What was the last book you read?

No comments:

Post a Comment