Thatcher State Park

I don’t usually share pictures on this blog, but these ones are so beautiful and peaceful that I felt I had to. They were taken about a week ago, during a pleasant hike at Thatcher State Park, in Upstate New York.

Thoughtful Magaly: You are probably thinking that I’m reflecting on the beauty of the view—you are wrong! I was thinking: Is he getting my good side? *grin*
Resilience: I’m always amazed by plants that make it through hard times, or um… rocks. They can teach us so much about resilience.
Walking Stick: And talking about resilience, we found this walking stick hopping around on a parking lot-like structure. Okay, so it wasn’t really hopping, but it was missing a leg and still kicking. Yep, I’m such a dork.
Waterfall: Water-falling on me—dorky again hehehe.
Gazebo: You might not be able to picture this *grin again*, but that white spec on the top left—under the thin branch—is a tiny gazebo. I can’t begin to tell you how jealous I am of whoever owns that piece of paradise. I hope s/he enjoys it every day of his/her life!
Green Heart: Here is nature in love. Can you see her heart? She is a very romantic lady, isn’t she?
Fall: Autumn kissed leafs. Simple. Natural. Breathtaking.
Have you taken any cool pics this fall?

20 comments:

  1. Oh my. What a stunning place! Thank you so much for sharing with us.

    I can't help giggling about the 'good side' thing. LOL

    I haven't been out with the camera much yet, but you've got me itching to take a drive now.

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was there right now! Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/16/2009

    Nice pictures, i am now in the same environment as your with my new found love.....i love going to the hills with him too visiting the forest and the creatures inside.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to go to an (actual) state park--there are state parks around here, even one with equestrian trails, but nothing as breathtaking as that...thanks for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! It looks so peaceful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. I wanna go there!

    I don't see any photos of the guy you mention, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh I'd love to visit :) looks like you had a grand day! wish you a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just nominated you for a blog award. Come by my blog to pick it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Autumn is such a beautiful time of year...Glad you were able to get away and relax in Nature...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. I have hardly been hiking this season--your pictures have inspired me to get my tail in gear and make plans to hit a trail this weekend. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks... thanks... thanks... and more thanks! I'm glad you like the pics so much. We had a great time. The area has some amazing rock climbing spots too, it would be nice to go back and try the rocks.

    I just got back from my trip and have so much to tell you guys. I have some school and Witch in the City updates, plus some new things/topics/segments for Pagan Culture.

    Mmmm and All Hallow's Eve is almost here... boo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to Pagan Culture GreekWitch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an a amazing place! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you liked them Tiffany. It was a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks lovely. I should get some photos up of my local area, although they won't be impressive as those. BTW, I love the "walking stick"! They just get called stick insects over here! We don't get them naturally, just as the most boring pets in the world! :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sure they will be amazing. I found the walking stick very cute, especially because it was missing a leg and it refuse to get a crutch lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks lovely. I should get some photos up of my local area, although they won't be impressive as those. BTW, I love the "walking stick"! They just get called stick insects over here! We don't get them naturally, just as the most boring pets in the world! :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an a amazing place! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow. I wanna go there!

    I don't see any photos of the guy you mention, though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful. I have hardly been hiking this season--your pictures have inspired me to get my tail in gear and make plans to hit a trail this weekend. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete